We are a global communications agency. We work seamlessly across our global offices to help ambitious companies change the game. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We are on the Crain's NY Best Places to Work List as well as PRNews' Top Places to Work.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative to large multi-national agencies.
Our mission is to be the best agency you’ll ever work with.
We are looking for an exceptional People & Culture Manager in San Francisco.
The People & Culture Manager role is essential to the success of the agency. This role provides value by supporting our people, proactively building relationships, and working with business leaders to translate strategy into practical and workable people solutions. In order to have an impact on the business, the P&C Manager will ensure all people-related activities run smoothly, that employees across the US business have a consistent experience and that managers and leaders are creating an environment where all employees can be truly limitless.
Please note this is a temporary position covering for maternity leave. We are looking to bring someone on until mid-September 2019.
Typical activities include:
- Supporting the US strategic planning process by identifying short and long-term talent objectives and executing against goals
- Supporting leadership in forecasting the talent pipeline in line with business needs and strategy
- Working with the Head of People & Culture (EMEA & Aus.) and Chief People & Culture Officer to advise on organizational design, execution of restructure plans and provide change management consultancy
- Facilitating a process that ensures that individual performance aligns to business performance; consistent and aligned individual target setting, monitoring and performance evaluation quarterly and annually
- Implementing Enero, Hotwire Group and regional initiatives; feeding into and support design when required
- Managing P&C projects and internal communications regarding initiatives as determined by global and local talent priorities
- Identifying and providing recommendations on changes to be made within the organization to improve culture and business operations
- Reviewing and benchmarking against industry and markets to continuously contribute to the improvement of compensation, benefits and offerings, ensuring Hotwire is able to remain competitive
Employee Recruitment, Development and Support
- Managing the recruitment process from start to finish, working with recruiting agencies as needed
- Managing the onboarding process for new hires, working with leaders to identify specific needs tailored to each new employee’s role
- Managing the performance review process, adapting timing as needed on an individual basis
- Creating learning and development programs, working with the Chief P&C Officer to plan for higher level organizational and leadership development offerings
- Managing the learning and development schedule and supporting business leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that enable them to meet current and future performance standards
- Driving talent succession forward by participating in the planning of fiscal year budgets and staying on top of employee development gaps and projected timelines
- Managing processes related to promotions and merit increases as well as role and management changes
- Coaching people managers to ensure employees are completing people processes correctly and on time, are receiving radical candor feedback and that documentation is occurring as needed
- Promoting feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of P&C services and processes
Human Resources Operations
- Manage the completion of employee-related legal documents such as employment agreements, and handbook updates
- Staying on top of changing laws, both local and national and managing internal communications to staff
- Assisting the leadership team with resourcing needs and vacation approvals as needed
- Overseeing all employee lifecycle processes from new hire documentation and onboarding through to termination
- Supporting the US Finance team with crossover items such as payroll updates, PTO management, contract addendums, etc.
- Maintaining a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Leading on all compensation and benefit processes for the US
- Conducting formal and informal employee surveys, understanding employee opinions, engagement drivers, and culture indicators and anticipating their needs and concerns
- Collaborating with the global P&C team on various initiatives including monthly reporting, GOHotwire approvals, etc.
- Managing people admin systems (Namely, Bonusly, ADP, Docusign, Greenhouse), and data and reporting as needed
What will you bring to the role?
- An ability to make quick decisions and initiate action in a fast-paced agency environment
- Strong entrepreneurial and commercial thinking, planning and organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills and emotional intelligence to build rapport and trust and work effectively with different types of people at all levels
- A desire to network internally across the group and to build visibility externally
- Strong persuasive and influencing skills to provide consultancy and solutions to different levels of stakeholders
- Strong presenting and communication skills
- An ability to write and articulate complex information into simple, easy to understand language for employees and stakeholders
- An ability to apply HR generalist expertise to everyday work, employee relations, people strategy, talent solutions and workforce planning
- Solid analytical skills to interpret people data to drive talent decisions
- A desire to constantly learn and research the latest techniques or changes in HR
- An ability to think strategically; work with concepts, contribute to strategy and translate business strategy into practical people solutions
- A focus on delivering results and meeting expectations
- An ability to adapt and respond to change, to challenge the status quo and be a change agent/leader
- A capacity to cope with challenges, pressures and setbacks
- A drive to achieve personal work goals and objectives