Meet Hotwire. We are a global communications agency. We work seamlessly across our nine offices to help ambitious companies change the game. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We are PR Moment’s Integrated agency of the year 2017, Bulldog Reporter's Technology Agency of the Year and Midsize Agency of the Year 2016 and were named on the Crain’s NY Best Places to Work and PR News’ Top Place to Work lists in 2018.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative to the legacy “big agency” model.
Our mission is to be the best agency you’ll ever work with.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our North America team as an Associate.
You’ll use your passion for comms and kick ass media chops to drive B2B tech client strategy and campaigns that break the mold. You’ll be excited to build media relationships and expand that digital rolodex through networking. You will be a loud voice in client meetings and a trusted mentor to the account coordinators and interns on your teams. You’ll use your multi-tasking skills to juggle a variety of tasks and projects across different tech industries. Your love for learning will propel you to become an industry expert for the accounts you support and an advisor to your teams and clients keeping them informed on client, competitor and industry news.
Daily, you will:
- Be the eyes and ears of your clients’ industries, ensuring your account teams are up to speed on what’s happening across the wider sector
- Build your media and sector knowledge and develop integrated comms skills
- Participate in client calls, owning specific programs such as media, analyst or influencer relations
- Communicate with clients – on the phone, by email and in person
- Deliver analytics reports and include valuable insights to drive strategy and results on your teams
- Generate results by pitching client stories (by phone and email) to journalists and influencers
- Write content for a variety of purposes such as pitches, speaking and award submissions, press releases, blog entries, feature articles and case studies
- Assist with clients’ digital marketing programs
- Arrange and host media interviews and events
- Brainstorm new ideas for integrated comms campaigns
- Participate in new business opportunities, from research to pitching prospective clients
- A degree in a related field (PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, etc.)
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – having an opinion is a must!
- Familiarity with general office tools and platforms such as the Microsoft Suite
- Incredible learning and development opportunities through Hotwire Academy
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip with the whole global team
- Well-being and cell phone reimbursement allowances and strong medical benefit offerings
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work while still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- Opportunities to work with clients and teams across the globe
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day. We focus on results, not time; strategy, not tactics; intelligent choices, not automatic assumptions; effectiveness, not ‘busyness’. We have control over the way we plan our time, so we can focus more clearly on the results we achieve and the quality of our work-life balance.