We would love you to join our London team as a Senior Account Director - Corporate Strategy
Working with the wider Hotwire team, you will join one of our fastest growing teams, delivering strategic marketing and communications services to a range of clients, primarily within the tech sector. You’ll be focused on crisis communications, analyst relations and executive profiling.
The team is made up of mid-level and senior staff, is entrepreneurial and agile, and due to the highly strategic and specific nature of the work, no two projects or campaigns are the same.
You will get to work across borders with our European and North American teams and clients, and will report into the London office.
Daily, You Will:
- Look after a portfolio of clients; managing budgets as well as the teams’ hours
- Be able to lead on client work – understanding that you are the final checkpoint of most campaigns, and can steady the ship for the rest of the team when needed!
- Think creatively about how to use different types of owned and earned content for strategic communications objectives (videos, PPT, articles, blogs, internal and external email comms, marketing collateral, public and private speaking opportunities, etc.) and then guide the creation of that content
- Manage and guide not just PR and marketing client contacts, but c-level non-marketing contacts within clients’ businesses
- Be incredibly commercially minded - and be looking to develop this further
- Manage junior team members; inspiring and driving them to reach their full potential
- Be the right hand person to your Associate Director or Director
- Be involved in your team’s development; helping identify opportunities to help them grow
- Have a results focused approach to your work; ensuring client delight through deliverables
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player
- Have a strategic viewpoint; thinking about the upcoming months and what you can do to move your client forward seamlessly
- Be heavily involved in new business opportunities with existing clients and new ones in order to grow the portfolio
- Ability to facilitate and guide workshops for clients
- Have strong influencer relationships and be continuously striving to keep these sharp
- Be proactive in putting yourself forwards for new business and agency opportunities in order to develop your own profile and areas of expertise within the business
- At least 8 years’ experience within an agency or in-house environment focusing on at least 2 of our 3 core service areas (exec comms, crisis comms and analyst relations) – details below:
Analyst relations experience
- Understanding of large and boutique EMEA analyst firms
- Experience scheduling and staffing analyst briefings and tours
- Be able to guide a client about content to include in an analyst briefing deck
- Experience using a research seat with an analyst firm, for example scheduling inquiries
- Experience commissioning commercial work with analyst firms (i.e. whitepapers)
Crisis communication experience
- Drafting holding statements, social statements, etc.
- Providing guidance about messaging in potential crisis scenarios
- Understanding of wider stakeholder ecosystem that crisis comms needs to take into account (i.e. beyond press and social media)
- Use of digital tools for live coverage and social tracking
- Designing a programme of deliverables to meet a specific brief for a client, i.e. promotion of an exec/leader for purposes of recruitment
- Development of executive narratives
- Content briefing and creation (i.e. videos, speeches, bylines, blog posts, etc.)
- Great relationships with tier one business and national journalists/titles
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a European city with the whole global team
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.