At Hotwire we:
We are a global communications agency. We work seamlessly across our eleven offices to help ambitious companies change the game. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We truly embody flexibility though our Thoughtful working approach and offer a number of unique benefits you will not see in other agencies. We are Pathfinders’ Media Employer of the Year 2018, PR Moment’s Integrated agency of the year 2017 and the PRCA’s Large Consultancy of the Year 2018.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global challenger.
Our vision is to be the best agency you will ever work with.
Why this role?
We are looking for a Director to lead our UK Consumer team at Hotwire. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is already established at this level looking for a new challenge – the opportunity to build on an already strong portfolio of lifestyle and tech brands. Daily you will be tasked with leading, challenging and growing the UK Consumer team, and have wider responsibilities for the UK business as this is a senior leadership team position.
Whilst providing strong, inspirational leadership, helping to create a collective vision and purpose, and aligning the team’s efforts, you will steady the ship in challenging times, celebrate success and win the hearts and minds of the team to achieve our goals. You will be a decision maker and a problem solver, trusted by all to act for the greater good of Hotwire in line with our values. As a Director here, you are a strategic advisor to our clients and will be a thought leader in the communications industry.
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth
- Alongside the other UK senior leadership team members, you will take responsibility for helping drive the UK business priorities through client retention, growth and people
- Managing a growing UK Consumer division, with a strong focus on tech and lifestyle clients equally
- Deliver on agreed growth targets to hit our FY20 goals
- Working closely with our internal Creative Directors and wider global Consumer team, you will work to expand our current portfolio through best in class ideas and relationships with global clients
- Have a strong presence on the UK comms scene – able to drive client and people hires through your network
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Oversee a portfolio of lifestyle and tech brands – ensuring the team provides best in class service levels (and making sure our over-servicing levels are controlled)
- Being a true strategic partner to our clients – guiding them on comms focused business issues as well as projects within our scope
- Proactive and thoughtful attitude towards client management – ensuring we go the extra mile and provide a view that is well researched as well as being challenger
- Overseeing resource on your client’s accounts; making sure you pre-empt any issues that may arise, and working with the board, finance and P&C to find solutions
Deliver the best People experiences
- Strong role model for the whole consumer team – able to inspire and engage in order to boost morale
- Balanced people manager; able to manage your direct line reports with fairness, respect and trust
- Hands-on approach – understanding when it’s right to step in and get your hands dirty on client work, as well as when to take more of a birds-eye approach
- Ability to grow the team as future leaders of our industry – giving feedback and nurturing them in order to achieve now and in the future
- Be a prominent figure in the UK business; aiding successful collaboration across teams, and leading on specific company meetings and events where necessary
- 10+ years’ experience as a comms practitioner; at least 2 at board level
- Experience of managing a large portfolio and working to business targets
- Experience across consumer lifestyle and consumer tech brands is preferred
- Strong line management experience – proven ability to drive the best in people
- Proven experience of retaining and growing clients
- Strong new business track record – an expertise in pitching and a love for new business is a must!
- Global account experience is preferable
- Can do attitude – understanding when you need to get stuck in to the day to day work