At Hotwire we:
We work with you to realise your potential. We do so by creating an environment that grows careers, provides the best employee experiences and builds expertise to shape the world we live in. Supported by a community of open-minded individuals, together we achieve our personal best.
Our global network brings together different cultures, the top minds, ideas and expertise from around the world. One team, one plan, delivering consistent people and client experiences.
We challenge the status quo. We use insight-led thinking and strategic know-how to create campaigns we are truly proud of. By channeling our curiosity and creativity we deliver high impact work we and we have fun doing it!
Our vision is to be the best agency you will ever work with.
Why this role?
The Global Marketing Director has responsibility for the creation and timely delivery of the global marketing plan. This leadership role puts you at the heart of the organization as we continue to build our reputation and brand across 14 offices in 8 markets worldwide. The role requires strong strategic acumen, highly tuned interpersonal skills, a creative mindset and a maniacal focus on delivery as you work with a matrixed organization of marketing principles across the offices. You will be expected to develop a clear marketing plan for the overall business using your knowledge of B2B marketing (ideally in the professional services sector) to define and then deliver on a differentiated value proposition for Hotwire. The purpose of the position is to build brand awareness, drive consideration and ultimately to secure quality new business leads.
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth (what you will do to help us achieve our strategy)
- Working with the GLT (specially the CDO and CSO) to develop and own the global marketing strategy – providing direction to every market to build on Hotwire’s reputation and awareness as a leading communications agency
- Ensure a constant cadence of high quality, planned and creative marketing activity is delivered across the business according to pre-agreed priorities
- Working with the People & Culture Team to build a marketing plan around our Employee Value Proposition with the objective of positioning Hotwire as the best agency to work for
- Partnering with key client leads to develop a strong client marketing programme designed to support the upsell of new products and services and to facilitate geographic expansion of key accounts
- Advising the GLT and wider senior leadership on creative activations, technologies and market developments that will inform local marketing activities and business strategy
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Work closely with the country marketing and business development teams to provide a high quality central service, responding to requests, prioritizing activities and reporting on a regular basis that cover the following global marketing activities:
- Conception & roll out of globally relevant content peaks
- Collation of existing case studies and harvesting new customer references that portray the very best work from across the company
- Provide direction to the PR4HW team to align actions and reporting to the cadence of PR activity across the business including ensuring content is posted to the website & social channels in a timely manner.
- Work with the global team and country MDs to manage the quality of the prospect and client database – currently through Salesforce & Pardot – ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations
- Brand asset management - be the eyes and ears for the brand across the business ensuring all brand assets are updated and easily available across the company and to the wider partner and affiliate network via Egnyte
- Management of social channels – creating an effective, on-brand social presence across all markets
- Own the global awards program. Collaborate across the business to compile the best submissions.
- Creation and delivery of a planned content calendar aligned to the brand and to the content strategy in support of web presence / SEO
- Act as the champion for Passle – behaving famously – facilitating a regular cadence of insights and providing advice to teams on best practice social selling
- Ownership of the web site and ongoing development – liaising with UVD (web agency) on a program of updates that drive the performance of the website for all markets
Deliver the best People experiences (how you will work with your team, locally and globally)
- Manage more junior members marketing team members locally with dotted line responsibilities for some of our wider global team members
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player – being able to work strategically and tactically as necessary in order to get the work done
- 10+ years’ experience of internal marketing roles in dynamic environments
- Global marketing experience; able to work seamlessly with different countries and be aware and sympathetic to different needs in different localities
- Strong, proven management experience
- A genuine interest in, and thorough knowledge of the technology space is desirable
- Proven success of boosting a businesses’ profile, tied to KPI’s of driving business revenue
- The ability to manage priorities and multi-task
- Creative thinking
- Excellent writing skills
- Sound strategic sense and an entrepreneurial outlook
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career
- Thoughtful working - the ability to work from where you want, when you need
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a European city with the whole global team
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials