Why this role?
Being recognized as the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy means we need to have strong alignment across the way that we lead, grow and manage our business processes and operations. Spain is a critical HW market and holds significant potential to grow.
The Operations Director role oversees the overall running of business operations in Spain, across the areas of primarily Finance, but also People & Culture (P&C), IT, Compliance and Office/facilities management. This role also has a high degree of commercial involvement including client contracts, negotiations, pricing, advising client facing colleagues on client financial matters and issues, such as over-service, profitability and resourcing. The role is a true “Business Partner” to the MD and wider team; suggesting ways to improve financial results and flag potential areas for business growth. They will need to partner with the Hotwire Spain MD in developing and executing a financial and people strategy that delivers growth. This role will be reporting to the MD and will be supervising operational roles.
Our vision is to be the best agency you will ever work with.
As an Operations Director you will be accountable for:
- Work with the MD to coordinate the business planning cycle; required to provide leadership in the business planning, accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial information to achieve financial and commercial goals for the business; provide both high level and detailed financial support and analysis of Hotwire Spain performance to ensure that all legal and head office requirements are met.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our business processes; accountable for operational efficiency across Hotwire Spain
- Implement policies and procedures that ensure HW is compliant with local and international law (e.g. contracts, GDPR, etc.)
- Liaising with European IT, oversee implementation of IT/Tech solutions across the business
- Work closely with the SPAIN FD to ensure we get the best value from our suppliers at all times; manage SPAIN business costs.
- Build relationships with global Operations teams and engage and direct local Operations team
- Work closely with the SPAIN Operations team to make sure that the ops functions and client teams interact effectively and seamlessly to deliver.
- Responsible for the Office Manager/IT.
- Statutory & Reporting Requirements; Overseeing the half-year and full year audit and oversee development of processes to ensure, and responsibility for compliance with filing requirements for all local taxation laws, transfer pricing and statutory obligations
- Management Reporting
- Budget & Forecast; Development of strategic objectives and the annual business plan, submission of budget information to CFO and holding company, preparation and presentation with the MD and Finance Manager of annual budget to the holding company executive team, monthly forecast reviews
- Treasury & Working Capital; Overseeing business cashflow requirements, working with Finance Manager to develop processes to ensure that debtor, creditor and work in progress targets are met and assess and manage debtor collection issues as they arise.
- Management Operations & Accounting; Monitoring and managing Spain expenditures, negotiation and preparation of client contracts and statements of work to ensure acceptable commercial outcomes and profitability, annual review of pricing structure, overseeing the general administration of facility capex.
- Supervision of staff compensation and benefits
- System and Process Improvements; In collaboration with Hotwire Group ensure that financial/commercial systems (Paprika/Cognos/Salesforce) are set up to: Deliver effective and timely information to stakeholders; Complement and enhance the Hotwire way of working with clients; Minimize administrative burdens on staff while maintaining a high quality of data being recorded; Reflects the vision of being a champion in innovation and at the forefront of digital trends; and Be consistent with the overall objectives and direction of Hotwire and the holding company.
- Workforce Planning; Work with Head of P&C Europe and MD on strategic workforce planning, talent management and development activities (talent mapping, succession, etc.)
- Recruitment & Onboarding; Manage the recruitment process ensuring a consistent, structure process, manage contracts and contract negotiation
- Performance Management
- Reward & Compensation; Manage compensation and benefits schemes, manage and coordinate all salary and promotion cycles
- Legal Compliance; Ensure people processes and policies are legally compliant and up to date
- L&D budget and coordination
- People system and processes
- Global strategic projects
- Management experience – 2/3 years supporting a CEO or leading or influencing large teams (of up to 30 people) including client facing/finance/people and culture and operational staff
- Prior experience of managing profitable client relationships and ability to drive change to improve performance
- Influencing multiple stakeholders to find the win win and drive business outcomes
- Ability to act both locally and globally to effect change
- Good awareness of the key technical issues across finance and people and culture
- Pragmatic, organised, diplomatic, strong people skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a European city with the whole global team
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.