At Hotwire we:
We work with you to realise your potential. We do so by creating an environment that grows careers, provides the best employee experiences and builds expertise to shape the world we live in. Supported by a community of open-minded individuals, together we achieve our personal best.
Our global network brings together different cultures, the top minds, ideas and expertise from around the world. One team, one plan, delivering consistent people and client experiences.
We challenge the status quo. We use insight-led thinking and strategic know-how to create campaigns we are truly proud of. By channeling our curiosity and creativity we deliver high impact work we and we have fun doing it!
Our vision is to be the best agency you will ever work with.
Why this role?
Our Strategy and Marketing Services team creates award-winning creative, social and insight-driven campaigns across its B2B and B2C client base. We have grown our marketing offering in recent years and particularly in 2020. Marketing growth is a core pillar of our global and UK three-year strategy and client engagement model. We currently specialise in social media strategy, insights and campaign execution (paid and organic), creative production and content marketing but will be expanding our capabilities over the next three years to include digital marketing from lead nurturing and sequential targeting programmes through to leveraging adtech & marketing platforms, and new channels such as email marketing and PPC.
From Sydney to San Francisco, we are a group with a “One Team” mentality. Having been awarded #40 in the Sunday Times Top 100 small companies to work for in the UK, you can rest assured that at Hotwire we will help you to achieve your personal best through engaging work and continuous learning and development.
We would love you to join our UK team as Associate Director – Head of Marketing Services
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director as maternity leave cover from March 2020 for one year to support the existing Marketing Services team, across a range of client accounts to deliver effective campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience of creating and managing social media campaigns, from strategy through execution, to results and analysis, in addition to managing projects for creative production, and research projects for content marketing. You’ll need experience of having led a team of experts, bringing them together to create integrated strategies for clients, managing a P&L, coaching and upskilling team members and working with partners to expand core product services and capabilities.
This role is both vertical and horizontally focused, meaning that you will manage the Marketing Services team on marketing focused projects but will also work with team leads across the business to open up new marketing organic growth opportunities with existing comms and integrated clients.
- Agency experience of working with tech clients, both B2B and B2C
- A proven track record of leading, line managing, training and growing a marketing focused team
- Experience across organic and paid social, content marketing, customer journey mapping, creative production and audience research
- Experience bringing in and identifying the need to work with external partners on projects
- A proven track record in being able to secure organic growth opportunities by identifying new stakeholders and new business pain within existing accounts, pitching in the right solution to help solve new needs
- Past success and deep experience in leading marketing focused pitches, or supporting on integrated new business pitches led by others in the business
- A high level understanding and ability to pitch and win research projects, working with the wider team to educate clients about our audience and insight driven approach to strategy
- A highly collaborative nature, working with team leads across the business to support the creation of thoughtful and compelling proposals, plans and presentations, teach the team how to up-level our work, and drive results
- Support the growth and upskilling of both the Marketing Services team and the wider business to better understand marketing and social strategies
- Confidence to educate clients and the Hotwire team about the changing digital landscape including platforms, technology and innovation
- An ability to provide high-quality, strategic creative outcomes and consultation to clients
- A proven track record in successfully expanding existing services and offerings by helping to discover, deepen and strengthen capabilities through technologies
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills – an ability to articulate digital and integrated work verbally and visually
- An imaginative and inquisitive nature
- A creative mind-set
- Strong attention to detail
- 10+ years’ experience
What we’ll bring:
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial. At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a global city with the whole global team (when travel resumes)
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials
Deliver the end goal (Influence and implement the Hotwire Vision and Strategy)
- Working closely with the UK MD to shape the marketing offering in the UK to achieve overall UK growth objectives
- Be an advocate for Hotwire in the industry, building not only Hotwire’s but also your own brand and reputation externally
Grow the Hotwire Business (Business Leadership)
- Be the first point of contact for all integrated and marketing focused pitches – ensure smooth processes for pitching and draw in the right resources from across the agency network to win
- Work with the Digital Director to make sure any digital pitches are supported by the marketing services team as necessary
- Set clear performance standards and KPIs across account leads to ensure they are working towards the same goals, objectives and growth aspirations
- Identify growth areas for the business and build skillset and expertise to target these growth opportunities
Use our client engagement model to deliver the best experiences (Client Leadership)
- Conduct situational analysis and use this to identify the key client challenge
- Use existing and new research to create rich, distinctive and new ways to define the target audiences for digital communications
- Use data to pinpoint, communicate and convince clients of the communications audiences
- Find, distil and articulate the audience ‘hidden truth’ or insight that will form the backbone of the proposed strategy solution
- Evaluate audience insights against client capabilities and competitor strengths, to evaluate which has most potential for the client
- Design and direct digital solutions for clients
- Working with client teams to ensure integrated/marketing driven campaigns and activities are delivered to the plan
- Act as strategic counsel to clients and internal team as and when needed
- Teach others and build marketing services ambassadors in the UK to support you and the agency’s goals
- Work with client teams to develop and agree key measurement KPIs
- Client planning
- Work with client teams to help crystallise new, important challenges for clients (to restart the process or drive organic growth opportunities)
- Work at key moments to review, refine and recreate campaign strategy and plans, when required
Lead for high performance (People Leadership)
- Recruit and build marketing services capabilities across the UK client teams
- Coach direct reports and digital team, driving a culture that enables current, direct and “actionable” feedback to others
- Leverage digital talent and skills across the network to enhance and complement the UK team
- Drive behavioural changes across client teams to promote a high performance culture
- Manage resource requirements and team utilisation. Work with People & Culture Business Partner on strategic hiring where needed
- Proactively manage client service levels