This role is open to multiple locations- San Francisco, New York, Chicago or Minneapolis.
You are obsessed with design. You find inspiration in everything. You're a storyteller at heart and pushing boundaries is what you live for. You are energized and excited to concept and being ideas to life.
You're a roll up your sleeves, whatever it takes, kind of team player. No job is too big or too small. It's all about the creative process and pushing client brands to their full potential.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to grow and nurture something bigger than yourself? Do you have the energy and passion to chart new territories?
Then, please continue reading...
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our North America team as an Art Director.
As an Art Director at Hotwire you will work closely with our creative, strategy, and communications consultant teams to ideate and execute design deliverables for a wide range of internal and client projects. Reporting to our Associate Creative Director and North American creative lead, you are part graphic designer, part conceptual thinker, and part storyteller with 6-8 years of experience working at an agency or in-house setting. You are eager to roll your sleeves up and play a key role in helping build and execute the next phase of Hotwire’s creative vision.
- Work with senior team members to bring strategy to life through creative concepts, with a focus on visual and design.
- Execute high-quality visual designs for deliverables ranging: digital campaigns, microsites, landing pages, social media, client and internal presentations, motion graphics, and more
- Manage own projects to completion as well as lead/coach more junior team members
- Communicate effectively in a fast-paced cross-functional team, ensuring briefs are understood, work delivers to expectations, and deadlines are met
- Present and sell design work to internal stakeholders and clients with poise and confidence
- Partner with marketing and business development teams to ensure external communications are designed to best represent the Hotwire brand
- Champion the Hotwire brand and ensure teams are appropriately using templates
- Support senior staff in educating teams on the Creative Planning process and its impact
- Ability to delegate up between other senior creatives and team leads and down between junior creatives, freelancers, and partners as needed
- Attend client and internal team meetings
- A solid portfolio of real-world work ranging from digital, brand and integrated campaign work
- 6-8 years of experience in an agency or in-house setting (communications/PR agency experience a plus)
- Highly skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong mastery of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, etc.)
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working with both B2B and B2C brands
- Ability to interpret brand guidelines to produce fresh and original deliverables
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others
- Work under tight deadlines and do what it takes to get the job done
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Able to receive and implement feedback and shift directions quickly when needed
- No ego – willingness to roll up sleeves and get any task done
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life integration is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual all company trip with the global team
- Wellness allowance, internet and phone reimbursement and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Strong learning and development program
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Hotwire
- A connected, courageous, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach
- The opportunity to own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.