We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our North America team as Vice President, Media Strategy.
You are an experienced leader and grew your career within the agency world. You hold deep relationships with top tier media from print and online publications to podcasts and broadcast networks. You have a proven track record. You love what you do and get excited teaching and mentoring others. You understand the complicated world of tech and the love the opportunity to work alongside senior leaders at both enterprise and startup companies. You have a strong network, like to attend industry events and you have the ability to put that network to use. You understand the complexity of an ever-changing media landscape and how it can be used to help businesses get ahead. You are proactive and a master problem solver, always looking to get creative with your next approach.
As Hotwire’s VP, Media Strategy you will build and develop a team of media-focused communications professionals. Account leads will call you in to drive media strategy and shake things up on a variety of accounts, campaigns and proposals. You’ll bring with you existing relationships and always be looking to build new ones.
Daily, you will:
- Work with client teams across a variety of tech sectors to plan and execute on media strategy, determining which outlets and targets will be most impactful to a client’s business objectives
- Share feedback with clients about what will and won’t work, why, and what we can do differently
- Engage in problem solving with teams, determining how to pivot when the story isn’t landing
- Conduct high-level media outreach on behalf of clients and Hotwire
- Oversee key press events, ensuring Hotwire teams and spokespeople are prepped accordingly
- Craft and pitch interesting stories to publications and broadcast media
- Media train and prep clients ahead of interviews
- Contribute to the success of the consultancy by pitching new business as a media expert, participating in external marketing activities and mentoring and developing media relations skills across the organization
- Build and promote Hotwire’s Media Strategy Group, creating paths for success and career development
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients across the US and around the world
- 7+ years of experience in communications with progressively increasing responsibility
- An expertise in media relations and strategy
- Entrepreneurial mind set and a desire for continuous learning
- Experience managing remote teams (preferred)
- A robust learning & development program
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an all company global get-together
- Internet, cell phone and well-being allowance and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years
- A connected, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach and truly own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.