Hello. Are you a Design Lead, or an experienced Senior Designer who’s ready to step up? You’ll want to have a read of this.
If you’re frustrated by your work not being used to its full potential, you’ve likely got a strategic head and some serious Brand Identity creation chops. So, you deliver beautiful, functional, flexible and robust Brand Systems. But what happens to them when they’re let loose on the silo thinking world of business? Right when it can really have impact connecting the heads, hearts and hip pockets of global brands and their consumers… it’s either tumbleweed as you search for any sign of it actually being used; or throwing your hands in the air and your Mac out the window when you see what became of it. If this sounds unsettlingly familiar, read on.
Who are we?
We’re Hotwire. The global Communications Consultancy who deliver end to end, from Strategy to Brand, Comms & PR, all in house. Experts on each all under one roof. Along with a business structure, and working philosophy, that delivers work specifically structured around that flow. We’re smart (no point in dancing around it) and we’re a good bunch of humans. We all get on. We’re all excited by what we do because it challenges us; we do it in a business that genuinely does put its people first, and we get to see the results of our craft.
What you’ll get:
To be our Design Lead. Your brand work will be inspired by our world class Strategy team; brought to beautiful visual life by you, working hand in hand with the CD on copy. From there it’s flowed directly into the Comms and PR teams to bring it to impactful life. You’ll do this work with some of the world’s most innovative tech brands. And it’s not simply the nitty gritty of the product – the human stories of everything from Health and Happiness, to Trade and IT are what we make our clients famous for.
Hotwire are the Global Technology Agency of the Year for 2020. We work with some of the world’s most innovative tech brands, dealing with everything from Health, and Happiness, to Trade and IT. The Design Lead role is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the world’s biggest tech brands, helping shape and drive the local creative team as part of a dynamic global agency.
What you’ll be working on:
- Story focussed, design lead solutions that exceed client needs.
- Ground up Brand Identity Systems.
- Smart, and scalable solutions. Your work must deliver on immediate client needs, as well as help build ongoing brand presence.
- Ongoing design development - including addressing client feedback and requests, directing junior team members, artworkers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the project team and overseeing the final production and output of the project.
- Development of, and work within existing, brand guidelines to maintain consistency and create memorable brand experiences.
- A variety of mediums and disciplines, including: Brand and identity development, Print and editorial; including annual reports, digital and website design, and Experiential, wayfinding and event work for branded events and environments
- Lead junior staff, freelance, studio and other project stakeholders
- Support and partner the (Copy based) Creative Director.
- Consistently high quality creative output.
- Continually aiming to improve your personal, and the team, creative standards
- Recommending, participating and managing ideation sessions and research activities for allocated client briefs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ years’ experience in the brand/creative agency environment
- Advanced experience in brand/advertising/design – able to work across a variety of mediums and disciplines (e.g., print, screen, space, digital and live)
- Absolute fluency and excellence within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Sound visualisation and illustration skills are desirable
- A thorough working knowledge of producing finished art for print, online and signage is essential
- Understanding of the digital design process and experience working with developers and digital specialists
- Editorial design and long form document layout experience
- Strong project management skills; the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Be an innovative thought leader – bring energy, positivity, confidence, resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity
- Hunger for the agency to achieve even greater levels of success and an unshakable will to uncover opportunities and solutions to exceed client expectations
What we offer on top of awesome clients and award-winning work:
- Great team environment within the Enero building complex in Pyrmont
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive remuneration
- Structured opportunity for career progression
- A true passion for work that works
- PPT experience is essential and/or relevant specialty of software applications
We’re fanatical about technology, with over twenty years’ experience in sparking action for our clients. Our tech understanding, experience and network helps ignite audience curiosity across all aspects of communications, branding and digital marketing.
Apply now by sending us your CV & Portfolio, and let’s have a chat.
*Awarded by PRovoke Media