This role is open to:
- Any of our office locations (San Francisco, New York, Minneapolis) or fully remote
- Open to all kinds of employment- Full-time, Part-time, Contractor
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
A Hotwire Director is a key member the management team that has three core areas of responsibility: client management, leading teams and contributing to agency success. They own and manage a portfolio of clients from relationship management to strategy development and vision with an eye towards revenue and profitability targets. Directors are also expected to contribute to agency initiatives, such as marketing, business development, new product/service development, as a member of the extended management team.
- Deliver excellent client service
- Demonstrate account and team leadership of the highest standards
- Contribute to the success of the agency by contributing to business development and product development
- Manage a group of accounts representing a minimum of $750,000 in revenue
- Maintain account profitability of a minimum of 65% gross margin
- Organically grow existing group of accounts by at least 10%
- Retain and promote top performing direct reports
- Maintain client satisfaction rating of 6 or more on annual client survey
- Ensure direct reports meet utilization targets (based on utilization percentage according to level)
- Drive the new business development effort (manage a lead from start to finish) and win new accounts as needed to maintain oversight for a minimum of $750,000 in revenue
- Prepare and present a professional development course to staff twice yearly to grow new and traditional communications skills (at least one session to focus on new skill)
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an agency Account Manager or in-house communications PR manager
- Experience in B2B, IoT, networking, security, and telecommunications technology, preferred
- Quirky – Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Curious about how the business works how you contribute to the organizations success
- Driven to produce excellent work
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Developed strong written and presentation communication skills, with the comfort to present ideas and make a case to clients and partner agencies
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A robust learning & development program
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an all company global get-together
- Internet, cell phone and well-being allowance and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years
- A connected, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach and truly own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.