We would love you to join our London team as an IT Systems Administrator
Hotwire is seeking a proactive and hands on IT Systems Administrator to join our team in our central London office. Working with the wider Hotwire team, you will provide systems support across the UK and Europe, running projects to make sure our IT is cutting edge, whilst providing 1st- 3rd line support where necessary too. Please note that this role will require European travel regularly.
Daily, You Will:
- Work across a number of large business transformation projects as required, e.g. data migration
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support to all users within the Hotwire group in the UK and Europe
- Liaise with local suppliers enabling access to IT supplies as and when required and maintenance of local office IT infrastructure.
- Oversee local network and server configuration maintenance, trouble shooting in the first instance before seeking 3rd level support
- Assist in installing new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend new technologies, equipment and services for Hotwire
- Fully document any new systems you implement and complete/maintain current documentation for, desktop/laptop builds, servers, network equipment, printers and software applications
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Assist in developing and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain the organisation and inventory of all local office hardware and software
- Creates and maintain good user instructions for all applications and processes
- Provide emergency or pre-planned out of hours support when required
- Install, upgrade, configure, and repair local and wide area network hardware and infrastructure.
- Support video conference software for all local offices
- Install and test computers and related network hardware in a LAN/WAN environment
- 3+ years’ experience in IT administration, with emphasis on systems administration
- Microsoft MCSE or training certification
- O365 migration and administration experience
- Good understanding of Powershell scripting experience
- Understanding and exposure to SQL and scripting
- Basic to intermediate web infrastructure and HTML 5 experience
- AWS experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills, alongside strong organisational skills
- Able to be accurate and work to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively with others in a team, handle information in confidence and with discretion
- Strong sense of initiative, whilst able to establish own priorities as necessary
- 1st - 3rd line helpdesk experience is essential
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a European city with the whole global team
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials
We are happy to discuss flexible working at interview. Depending on the role, that could mean flexible hours, remote working or part-time hours. We can’t promise to meet every request, but we do promise to have an open conversation.